Monday, March 29, 2010

What are the advantages of storing, sharing, and tagging web content this way? What are the disadvantages?

I understand how sorting a whole whack of websites in terms of keywords can be useful, however, I find Delicious to be unintuitive. I find navigating Delicious frustrating because the layout is not very user-friendly. I find the dates on the left-hand side to be distracting and the colours and words all seem to wash into one another. Also, sometimes the list of websites just disappears, which I don't understand because I didn't click anything different. But instead of just complaining, I probably should mention some of the good things about it. I like the idea of organzing a list of websites according to categories, but perhaps being able to view the list of websites in terms of their "tags" first in a kind of collapsable/expandable folder layout would be more user-friendly. Overall, I do not like Delicious, I don't tend to use it when assisting customers, and I don't think I ever will; it's just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment